CIRED Romanian Liaison Committee
What is CIRED?
- CIRED (Congrès International des Réseaux Electriques de Distribution) (http://www.cired.net/), the major International Electricity Conference & Exhibition in the electricity distribution field, represents the Leading Forum where the international Electricity Distribution Community meets every two years.
- CIRED is set up as an International Association and since October 2004, it takes the legal form of “de facto” association under Belgian law. The first CIRED Conference was organized in May 1971 by AIM – Association des Ingénieurs de Montefiore, Belgium, as the result of the interest shown in their previous conference held in Liege in 1969 on the same subject. Similarly, in the UK, the large amount of interest shown in conferences on electricity distribution held in Edinburgh by the UK Electrical Research Association (ERA) in 1967 and by the Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE) and ERA jointly in 1970 demonstrated the need for an international conference on the electricity distribution subject. In order to avoid a major overlap between the existing conferences, it was decided to hold a conference every two years, under the name of CIRED.
- CIRED, the main international association active in the electricity distribution field, is represented worldwide by 38 CIRED Committees, out of which 19 having the statute of National Committees, respectively members of the Directing Committee (Austria, France, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Denmark, etc.), and other 19 Committees (Romania, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Serbia, Montenegro, etc.), with national representativeness in their countries, have the statute of Liaison CIRED Committee, thus associated members, this being the case for the CIRED Romanian Liaison Committee, whose activity is coordinated and carried out within “Electrica”.
What is CIRED Romanian Liaison Committee?
- The Romanian Committee affiliated to CIRED is a non-profit, non-governmental professional association of Romanian specialists having a common interest in sharing and expanding experiences in the technical field of electricity distribution.
History: The Romanian socio-economic and energy context which determined the decision of setting up the Romanian Committee affiliated to CIRED
- The initiative of establishing the CIRED Affiliated Romanian Committee (CNR CIRED) appeared in 1992, in the reorganization and transition period, when moving to a market economy imposed restructuring in the entire national economy, including electricity generation, transmission and distribution domain.
- If till 1990, the National Energy System was functioning separately from UCTE, in CAER system, in 1991 Romania made the first steps for the admission in the „Union for the Co-ordination of Transmission of Electricity UCTE”. In order to prepare admission in UCTE, for a better international visibility, the technical collaborations, both with main electricity companies and international organizations, including CIRED, were restarted.
- As a result, CIRED Romanian Liaison Committee was founded in 1992 within RENEL (Romanian Electricity Authority) – GTDEE (Group for Electricity Transmission and Distribution), chairman being Mr. Corneliu PÂSLARU, and members being top experts from: ISPE, ICPE, ICMET, RENEL, IP Bucureşti, Cluj Technical University, Timişoara Technical University, Craiova University, etc.
- Starting with 1998, when CONEL, the National Electricity Company, was established by the Government Decision 365, and the transmission and distribution activities were separated, Electrica, the Subsidiary for Electricity Distribution, took over and coordinated the entire activity of CIRED Romanian Liaison Committee.
Objectives of CIRED Romanian Liaison Committee:
- Increase the availability of international electricity distribution information in Romania;
- Facilitate and promote the interchange of technical knowledge and information between all Romanian entities active in the electricity distribution field;
- Identify and promote new technical developments in the field of electricity distribution;
- Transfer of experience and know-how in the technical field of electricity distribution.
Means of activity:
- Participation at the biennial Conference on electricity distribution and associated exhibitions;
- Co-organization of regional conferences on electricity distribution or on specifically topics in the field of electricity distribution;
- Participation in Working Groups in order to carry out studies on topical and innovative subjects;
- Cooperation with any other organization active in the electricity distribution field;
- Publication of technical documentation, conferences results, Working Groups activity reports in various Romanian publications.
Functions of CIRED Romanian Liaison Committee:
- Co-ordinate and support the CIRED Affiliated Romanian Committee’ s activity;
- Maintain the link with CIRED through CIRED General Secretariat;
- Receive and distribute technical documentation regarding CIRED;
- Suggest preferred subjects for the International Conferences, to be examined by CIRED Technical Committee;
- Encourage and promote participation at CIRED Conferences;
- Analyze the proposals of papers received at national level and recommend, to CIRED Technical Committee, for each abstract a grading level, according to the selection procedure communicated by CIRED;
- Address to CIRED General Secretariat all comments and suggestions, if any, meant to improve the quality of the Conferences;
- Maintain the link with the other CIRED affiliated Committees from other countries for exchanging information.
2016 Key dates:
CIRED Workshop „Electrical Networks for Society and People”, June, 14th – 15th, Helsinki:
- Authors notification – accepted/rejected abstracts (18 January 2016);
- Submission of full papers (14 March 2016);
- Authors of accepted papers notification (29 March 2016):
-(0182)“Unbundled Meters can Boost Smartcity Project”, Authors: Dorel Stanescu Electrica Distribuţie Transilvania Sud, Dumitru Federenciuc – Electrica SA, Mihai Sănduleac – ECRO, Carmen Stănescu – CN Transelectrica
-(0165)“Better Oversight and Management of Electricity Use with Smart Meter”, Authors: Laurentia PREDESCU, Doina Vornicu – CEZ Romania.
24th International Conference and Exhibition on Electricity Distribution CIRED’ 2017 :
- CIRED 2017 “Call for Papers” distribution at national level (May 2016);
- Abstracts submission (deadline: 5th September, 2016);
- Reviewing process: grading of Romanian reports, according with CIRED guidelines for reviewing process;
- Author’s notifications – accepted/rejected (4 November 2016).
„10th JUBILEE CONFERENCE ON ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION IN SERBIA with regional participation ”, Vrnjacka Banja, September, 26th – 28th 2016.
Activities of CIRED Romanian Liaison Committee in 2015:
- Collaboration with CIRED Serbia Liaison Committee and CIRED Montenegro Liaison Committee at the “10th Jubilee Conference on Electricity Distribution in Serbia with regional participation”, to be held in Vrnjacka Banja, Serbia, 26–30 September 2016; Distribution of the ”First Announcement and Call for Papers” at national level;
- Promoting, at national level, CIRED Workshop with the topic: „Electrical Networks for Society and People”, to be held between 14th – 15th June 2016, at Helsinki, Finland; Widely distribution of Call for Papers;
- Coordination of Romanian participation at the 23rd International Conference and Exhibition on Electricity Distribution, CIRED 2015, Lyon, 15 – 18 June 2015 (http://www.cired2015.org/):
- Collection of full papers selected by the CIRED Technical Committee (deadline: January 16th 2015); Review of papers and potential suggestions for authors;
- Submission of final confirmation for the last versions of papers to CIRED (deadline: February 20th 2015);
- Participation in CIRED’ 2015 in order to represent the CIRED Romanian Liaison Committee and to present Romanian papers selected by CIRED Technical Committee:
- (0965) „Impact of distributed generation on distribution networks” Authors: Dumitru Federenciuc, Ioan Silvaş, Electrica, Dorel Stănescu – FDEE Electrica Distribuţie Transilvania Sud, Nicolae Golovanov – UPB– accepted for oral presentation in Research and Innovation Forum (RIF) – Session 4
- (0972) „Islanding of distribution networks – Case study”, Authors: Ion Dobre, Neculai Stanciu, Dorel Stănescu – FDEE Electrica Distribuţie Transilvania Sud, Mihaela Albu – UPB– accepted for poster presentation in session 3;
- (1441) „Considerations on photovoltaic power plant power quality requirements”, Authors: Doina Ilişiu, Carmen Stănescu– Transelectrica, Dorel Stănescu – FDEE Electrica Distribuţie Transilvania Sud, Petru Postolache – UPB – accepted for poster presentation in session 2.
- Participation at CIRED Liaison Committees Meeting, organized by CIRED every two years, on the occasion of CIRED Conferences (June 17th 2015);
- Cooperation with other bodies on electricity distribution topics in order to improve the transfer of experience and know-how;
- National consultations regarding preferred subjects for the next edition of CIRED Conference and submission of proposed preferred subjects to CIRED (October 1st 2015).
Activities of CIRED Romanian Liaison Committee in 2014:
- Participation at CIRED 2014 Workshop entitled „Challenges of implementing Active Distribution System Management”, held in Rome, June 11th -12th, 2014 and presentation of the following paper: “Cultural dimensions impact on developing active customers” Authors: Oana Lupan, Ioan Rosca, Dumitru Federenciuc – Electrica;
- Starting off the organization and coordination of Romanian participation at the next International Conference on Electricity Distribution: National consultations regarding preferred subjects;
-Widely distribution of Call for Papers for CIRED 2015 (May 2014);
-Collection of abstracts (in number of 11) received at national level –(deadline: September 12th, 2014);
-Organization of Romanian CIRED Technical Committee meeting in order to analyze and grade all Romanian reports, in accordance with the selection procedure communicated by the organizers;
-Grading submission to the CIRED Technical Committee;
- Collaboration with CIRED Serbia Liaison Committee and CIRED Montenegro Liaison Committee at the IX Regional Conference on Electricity Distribution, Vrnjacka Banja, September 22nd – 26th, 2014.
CIRED Romanian Liaison Committee presence at the previous CIRED biennial conferences (starting with 1998, when Electrica took over the coordination of the entire activity):
- CIRED’ 2013 – the 22nd International Conference on Electricity Distribution, Stockholm, Sweden, June 10th – 14th, 2013: participation with three Romanian papers and representation of the CIRED Romanian Liaison Committee;
- CIRED’ 2011 – the 21st International Conference on Electricity Distribution – Frankfurt, Germany, June 6th – 9th: participation with three Romanian papers selected by CIRED Technical Committee;
- CIRED’ 2009 – the 20th International Conference on Electricity Distribution, Prague, June 8th – 11th: participation with eight Romanian papers out of which three having authors from Electrica SA and its subsidiaries;
- CIRED’ 2007 – the 19th International Conference on Electricity Distribution, May 21st – 24th, Vienna, Austria: participation with 12 Romanian papers and representation of the CIRED Affiliated Romanian Committee;
- CIRED’ 2005 – the 18th International Conference on Electricity Distribution, CIRED’ 2005 June 6th –9th in Turin, Italy: participation with 21 Romanian papers;
- CIRED’ 2003 – Barcelona, May 12th -15th: participation with 12 Romanian papers and representation of the CIRED Affiliated Romanian Committee;
- CIRED’ 2001 – the 16th International Conference on Electricity Distribution, CIRED 2001, RAI, June 18th -21st, 2001 / Amsterdam – Netherlands: participation with 12 Romanian papers;
- CIRED’ 1999 – the 15th International Conference on Electricity Distribution, June 1st – 4th, 1999 / Nice – France: participation with 6 Romanian papers.
Chairman of CIRED Romanian Liaison Committee
Dan Catalin STANCU
Phone: +40-21-208 50 02
Fax: +40-21-208 50 04
Ioan SILVAŞ – Vice-Chairman of CIRED Romanian Liaison Committee
FDEE Electrica Distribuție Muntenia Nord
Oana GALINSCHI – General Secretary of CIRED Romanian Liaison Committee
Phone: +40-21-208 50 77
Fax: +40-21-208 50 84
Headquarters: The Headquarters of CIRED Romanian Liaison Committee is located in 9, Grigore Alexandrescu Street, Bucharest – 1, Romania (Electrica Headquarters).